Are you sexually unsatisfied in your marriage?
Lack of sexual interest is the most common complaint for women. Men long for affection and women want to feel desired. How can you as a married couple enjoy the gift of sex when you do not really feel like it any longer? Check out our show, the Power of Love.
God designed human sexuality to be between a man and a woman after marriage. Satan abuses it for evil, corruptness and crime through his temptations and attacks.
In the Bible, the Book: Song of Solomon shares God’s design for its deepest intimacy in marriage. It is a love story between the lover and his beloved. Their marriage starts out great, but as time passed the beloved becomes insecure, comparing herself with others and then the couple have issues. The beloved feels indifferent about sex which makes a huge impact on their relationship. In her second dream her lover knocks on her door. The typical excuses take place, “I’m tired,” “not now,” “another time,” pretends to be asleep. Her dream turns into a nightmare, she has distanced herself from him and gets beat up by watchmen of the city. You can see an emotional restlessness in her because of her inner struggle. Once she comes to terms with her feelings she wants to resolve it.
The “how” is KEY!!! She does not gossip or talk bad about her lover. But respects him and builds him up as she looks for answers; this changes her attitude and starts to bring healing. She is looking for restoration, closeness, unity and yes even for sex. She takes action and finds her lover. He responds with praise and builds her up with kind words. They reunite and yes she even initiates the sex.
It is time to break down the barriers, to take action and save your marriage.
Some key suggestions:
- Take room to breathe! Have some important YOU time. This could mean a bubble bath, reading a book, taking a walk, etc. When you return you will be rejuvenated and renewed.
- Buy matching undergarments, it will make you feel more beautiful.
- There is nothing wrong with a sexy night gown for the occasion.
- Look your best every day; this will make you feel better about “you.”
- Talk about each other’s needs, women are more up for sex when an orgasm is involved.
- Sex starts with praise, build her up. Women are like crock pots, emotions are involved not just the act.
- Make sure date nights are planned to build up your relationship.
- Do not make your spouse the last item on your “To Do List”; make it first on the list.
- Make time for sex, put it on the calendar if needed.
- If you want a sexual activity that the other finds uncomfortable, talk about it with each other and decide together on what pleases each other.
- If you are not allergic use perfume/ or cologne at night.
The Master Bedroom is Your Palace of Intimacy and Beauty
- Make your bedroom a special place, do not make it a storage place, a laundry place or throw it together room. This is your room, make it special. God created a beautiful garden and placed Adam and Eve in it. They were close, they were intimate.
- Do not pay bills or argue in your master bedroom.
- Create the mood, perhaps candles, music or whatever comes to your mind.
Sex From God’s Perspective
- It is not dirty it is a gift if done in God’s design between a married man and woman.
- God endorses our enjoyment of every part of our spouse’s body.
- God created sex to be fruitful in oneness, procreation, and unity.
- God created sex to set yourselves apart for a union with each other.
- Sex must never involve another person besides your mate, any animal, or anything that causes harm to either person’s body.
“But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so thatSatan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.” –1 Corinthians 7:2-5
When a couple realizes they are on the same team and work together to build each other up, the power of love becomes very strong. You must make every effort to keep your sexual life healthy and pure. You can remove the risk of Satan attacking by keeping each other satisfied.
Love cannot be bought, it is priceless. It is a gift from God!!! “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.” –Song of Solomon 6:3
Check out our show, the Power of Love.