What Is Your Spiritual Gift?
In this article I share about the five steps to help you determine your spiritual gift. Many believers assume that it is service. There are 19 spiritual gifts mentioned in the Bible. The apostle Paul talked about the significance of knowing your spiritual gifts.
“Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware.” – 1 Corinthians 12:1
Spiritual gifts are given to the believer to be used for Christian service. They are for the common good and not for personal use. The church prospers when all believers and their spiritual gifts are functioning in its place.
“And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service to the building up of the godly of Christ.” – Ephesians 4:12
A spiritual gift is like a spiritual birthday present; it is a gift of grace. God believes in you so much that He wants to hire you to have you as a part of His plan and purpose. You receive this gift when you become a believer. Many believers are not aware of their gifts; they lay dormant in their lives. Spiritual gifts are a gift of grace.
“Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to excise them accordingly.” – Romans 12:6
Here are five easy tools for you to use to help you determine your spiritual gifts.
- What is your passion? Passion means a longing that you have. God has given you a passion; something that you eagerly long to be doing in this world.Go through the spiritual gift list and see what you are passionate about.
- In considering your passions, you have a strong desire to improve your gifts: When you depend on one another and seek to improve your spiritual gifts, this action brings unity to the body of Christ and glory to God
- You will readily talk about your spiritual gifts: You just cannot help it, but when you use your spiritual gift(s), you easily talk and share with others about how you are experiencing your gifts. You are excited about it.
- Others will notice your spiritual gifts: People will see them in you and point them out to you. It happened to me, and I did not believe it. Then I saw how God had led me on this path all the way. I simply had not seen His lead.
- God will open the right doors for you to use your spiritual gifts: Opportunities will come your way; pray that you see the blessings to be able to use the spiritual gift(s) that God puts in front of you.
“But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” – Corinthians 12:7
To use your spiritual gifts, you have to:
- Open your gift
- Experience it
- Share it
- Depend on others
Do you know your spiritual gifts? If you do, I would like you to share them with me. If you have questions or would like more information about your spiritual gifts or the meaning of them, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.